How To Feel Less Lonely
Jul 13, 2022
Feeling lonely really sucks! I used to feel lonely, even in a room full of people. What if you could have more fulfilling relationships and feel less lonely?
I didn’t know how to have more fulfilling relationships until I had a coach. My relationships, well, honestly, when I started on this journey, my marriage was on the rocks. In fact, my husband had actually moved out. I have three boys, and my relationships with them were good, but I felt they could be better. I had about two people I considered my best friends, and they were my mom and my sister. Other than that, I felt pretty much alone in the world. I desperately wanted to feel more connected and have deeper relationships with all those in my life.
When my husband moved out, I fully surrendered to Cassie’s coaching and the Manifest $10K program. I was all in and I had nothing to lose. Her program turned into more than just manifesting $10,000, it guided me to become the person who has deeper fulfilling relationships.
Here are a few things I learned on my journey to feel less lonely and have more fulfilling relationships:
- Ask those around me for what I need
- I never really asked for what I needed, I just assumed they should know. Other people aren’t mind readers. I had to start communicating verbally what I needed. It could be as simple as I need a hug, or as grand as I need space and time to become a coach. By asking for what I need, those around me aren’t guessing and it opens space for them to give it to me.
- Become the person who has more fulfilling relationships
- I couldn’t have more fulfilling relationships if I wasn’t being the person who had them. I was so focused on the “doing” rather than the “being”. There wasn’t anything I had to do, I just had to step into how it would feel to have them. Once I started “being” her, my relationships began to shift and become more of what I wanted.
- Stay in my own lane
- I’m not gonna lie, this one took me some major practice. I thought I knew what was best, and I had an opinion on what others in my life should be doing. Staying in my own lane taught me to only focus on myself and to allow those around me to stand in their own power to make the decisions that were best for them. This alone has made my relationships so much better, because I no longer get upset about what they are doing, I only have to focus on myself.
- Tell the story I want to have more of
- I shared with you above about my husband leaving. What I didn’t tell you was that for 20 years, I had been telling the story that I didn’t need him or any man, I’d be just fine on my own (that’s just part of the story). In the background of the story I was telling out loud, I was also telling the story that I was waiting for him to leave me. The stories I was telling came to life. I had to choose a different story if I wanted a different relationship. One of the new stories that I started telling was “I am in a loving relationship.” Now that I know to pay attention to the stories I tell, I tell stories about more of what I want, I get more of what I want. I am in a loving relationship, and it happens to be with my husband.
- Choose how I want to feel
- I never really thought about the idea of choosing how I want to feel. Life just kind of happens to you. I gave away the power to choose how I wanted to feel. Once I learned that I could choose differently, it changed so many things. That summer my husband was gone, I could have chosen to be depressed and lay in my bed. I didn’t, thankfully. Don’t get me wrong, I had times where I was sad, and I cried. I allowed myself to feel those feelings. Then I got to choose whether or not I wanted to stay there. I chose happiness and in all honesty, I have some of the happiest memories of that summer with my boys. This has been ongoing to today, as I write this. I choose happiness over and over again, and it shows in my relationships. I have so much laughter and fun times with those in my life now.
By having a coach, and learning all things I mentioned above, I now have more fulfilling relationships and no longer feel lonely. My relationships with my loved ones are deeper and more connected than ever before. My husband even came home and our marriage is the best it’s ever been. My relationships with my three sons are so fun and easy. It feels so good!
In my Year of Growth interviews, on the Manifesting Success Stories Podcast, I share about my relationships. I want you to experience feeling less lonely and have more fulfilling relationships too. You can listen here and know you're not alone, I’ve been there too. Click here to listen. Manifesting Success Stories - Kimberly YOG Ep #255
Written with Intention by Abundance Facilitator Kimberly